Monday, 8 June 2015

Being kind to myself

Week one of eating and living healthier complete, and I do feel good.  I  know I have a long way to go though, and it's about a lot more than "eating right".  It's about being really, truly kind to myself.  It's about eating right because it makes me feel good, and it's about going to bed early because I know I need that sleep, and that I should prioritise it.  It's about skipping out for that run, not because I feel fat, or "ought" to, but because it is something great and wonderful I can do for me!


I work hard.  Very hard.  I am also very hard on myself.  I see every fault, I know every flaw.  It would be very easy for this next part of my journey to be about me trying to improve myself yet again - but I am going to try hard for it to not be that.  I want to do it because I love myself.  And that my friends, may be the hardest thing to keep consistent of all.

5 comments:

  1. you rock. that is all. oh and very very happy that you are back blogging and joining us at LS! I missed you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes practice. Check out Louise Hay's book you can heal your life. It's been around for a long time for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be kind to yourself when you feel shame and remorse. But we need to. Giving up drinking is hard, we deserve some kindness. But like Anne said, it takes practice. Keep going. You are doing so well.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beene brown is the expert on shame. Learning to let that go is so worthwhile.

      Delete
  4. It's great following someone who actually does these things, running, sleeping and eating well, being kind and good to themselves. I work pretty hard too and perhaps use it as an excuse to procrastinate on all the stuff that really matters.
    Or perhaps holding on to my sobriety has got so hard just lately that that is all I can do and the other stuff will come in time, when I light a flipping fire cracker under myself! You are one of life's winners Colourful and I love being on this sober ride with you xo

    ReplyDelete