Saturday, 20 June 2015

I just have a bad week sometimes

It's just been a bad week.  Nothing drastic, no big tragedy, but kind of tough.  I'm on week 3 of my new eating plan, its gone OK, but not as well as the first two weeks, so I slap myself.   Work has been crazy, the weather has been shit, and I haven't managed to run, so I slap myself.  I made a call at work that was a tough one, and even though I think it is the right call, the decision making leading up to it wasn't as sound as it could be.  Slap slap slap.  I am so behind on work, SO behind.  SLAP!

I've  noticed I have these bad weeks.  About one in four.  Is it PMT?  I'm not sure.  But I have these weeks where I beat myself so badly, and lose motivation for all that is good.

I'm trying to learn what to do with these weeks.  Do I just ride them out?  Let them be and drift through them (what's a week without running huh?)? Or should I somehow act?  Motivate myself to move no matter what?

Drinking? I am not and I wont.  That my friends is the biggest and best thing of all, no matter how good or bad my week is.

xx

3 comments:

  1. Stop your flipping slapping will ya you "slapper"
    As you know my week has been a bit crappy too so I'm not much help.
    But I think you should go for a run, eat some chocolate and find something funny and have a good laugh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to that self-flagellation you describe. I wish I had a really good answer for what to do with this, but I think all we can do is ride out the bad weeks, and try for what it's worth to practice extra self-care during them. I tend to want to curl up on the couch when I feel like that, and it only makes it worse. I feel better when I get some exercise, even if it's just a walk, so I have to make myself do that sometimes when I feel bad. I usually end up feeling somewhat better, but it's not my first instinct. How much easier would life be if we instinctively did things to make ourselves feel better? Really better, not the fake "better" drinking alcohol provides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you ignore them. You step back and try to see what is causing your pain. Are you eating regularly? Is good ready when you need it? Are you feeling deprived?
    Sometimes small changes can set us up for success.

    And no slapping. Only hugs for hard days.

    ReplyDelete