Saturday, 14 November 2015

It's time to STOP dammit!

It has been a long time since I have written just for me (and for anyone else who cares to listen).  I've been busy with work, and the little I do write tends to be with my wonderful community over at Living Sober.  But, I have been thinking I wanted to start re-recording my journey, because although nothing has changed, everything is changing.  I feel like a new chapter may be about to begin.


When I last wrote I was in the throws of giving up coffee.   Well, I succeeded.  I still have some caffeine (tea) but am not throwing coffee down my throat in copious amounts.  I do miss it, but boy have my anxiety levels come down.  I feel so much better for it, and it's fantastic for my bank account!


So booze has gone, coffee has gone - what is next for me?  I do believe that a form of self-care and peacefulness is where I am headed next.  It's the next part of my journey.  Over the years I have understood that I, with my high anxiety high stress life, am in desperate need of some sort of mindfulness practice.  When I have attempted it the benefits have been vast - but I have never stuck at it. "Too busy" I say ...  "you are going to break down if you continue like this" something deep within me replies.  So, I have begun to read, talk to people, think .... most important seek.


Maybe, just maybe, it's time for ME to stop dammit!

1 comment:

  1. I can recommend the book 'Mindfulness' by Mark Williams and Danny Penman and also 'The Happiness Trap' by Russ Harris. I am convinced learning about and practicing mindfulness is the answer to all my problems - but it has taken me 4 years of sobriety to 'get' this - you are streaks ahead of me! xx

    ReplyDelete